I will just come right out and say it. I am in a slump. Maybe it's the long winter (it's snowing again) or the fact that I am an hour away from a mall, an airport, and the interstate.
Whatever the reason, I like to think of my favorite things to help me relax and unwind (my mother's favorite expression). And I would like to hear your's, too. I need all the help I can get.
- a good, meaty, life changing Bible study
- coffee. no sugar. extra cream.
- chai tea. soy milk. a little sugar
- my feather pillow--can be folded flat and put in my suitcase (I don't leave home without it)
- my wedding anniversary--25th this year--we always take a trip. Oldest daughter Bethany babysits.
- rare days that Silas takes a nap. (He is taking one now!)
- straight A's on report cards--we pay big bucks figuring we will save LOTS of money in scholarships
- Facebook--an almost daily blast from the past. Also a great way to connect with family when you live in the middle of nowhere.
- family weddings (we have dozens of cousins)
- long, uninterrupted writing sessions (I'm having one now thanks to Silas' nap!)
- Dove dark chocolate with almonds
- history museums (an hour away)
- feel good movies where everyone keeps their clothes on
Silas stirs. Actually Silas screams. Send me your tips to get through the rest of this winter. What are your favorite things?